What 8 Types Of Lighting In The Decoration Can I Find?
If you want to give your home charm, warmth and personality, you should always choose the right lighting. Next, we will talk about the 8 types of lighting in decoration.
Before we start, we would like to tell you that the best lighting that you can take advantage of in your day-to-day is natural lighting to the maximum. Artificial light is always necessary, as is obvious, to be able to see at night and also support it with natural light, if it is not enough. In addition, artificial lighting gives you the possibility to adapt it to your needs at all times. Always opt for low consumption lighting or LED; there are many advantages.
Definition of the different types of lighting in decoration:
- Natural lighting style: A type of free lighting that gives you a feeling of joy and well-being. It helps you start the day and accompanies you; therefore, you should always make the most of the natural light that enters through your windows. Combine the lamps based on the existing natural light points to reinforce areas where it does not reach well, and you need an extra point of light.
- Ambient lighting style: It is a type of lighting that emits a lower intensity light creating a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Its light is indirect and discreet, ideal for quiet moments at home. It is widely used lighting in chill-out environments. It brings a minimalist touch with its soft light.
- General lighting style: It is very commonly used to generate a homogeneous light throughout the room. To achieve this, you can combine direct and indirect lights to create greater visibility helps the development of basic and functional tasks.
- Decorative lighting style: If you want to highlight an environment, object or area, nothing better than decorative light gives prominence to what is illuminated. At present, it is used to highlight elements of architecture, gardens, sculptures, cabinets, paintings, etc.
- Exhibition lighting style: To give a special touch and where the protagonist is the lighting, decorative light is used. Creating a scenic environment of lights. To achieve this, warm lights can be used throughout the room, spotlights in motion or combined with kinetic light that gives us movement and life, such as candles or the fire in a fireplace.
- Functional lighting style: They are a type of light that is used for passage areas and closets. Ideally, use energy-saving lamps or LEDs. To save on power-up time, you can use motion or opening sensors.
- Point or focused lighting style: It is a type of light that is used for a certain task or activity. It is used to illuminate a specific point, either to highlight an area or object, to have more light in the bathroom or in the kitchen in a way that helps us to perform tasks better, as well as in offices or work areas.
- Kinetic lighting style: It is a type of light in motion with life. To get it, you can use candles, the fire of a fireplace or oil lamps. Ideal for relaxed and romantic settings.
Lighting can be:
- Direct illumination: It goes to the object and reaches the eye directly. This type of lighting creates shadows. Recessed spotlights and some models of ceiling lamps use this type of light, as they lack a screen.
- Indirect lighting: Its light is more relaxed as it is reflected on the ceiling or wall. They are lamps that use a screen. Its light is pleasant, soft and does not generate shadows or sparkles. The intensity of your light may vary if the screen is lighter or darker.
- Mixed lighting: It is the most appropriate way of lighting. Combine direct and indirect light to create unique environments.
When combining them, you must take into account two initial factors:
- What kind of lamps are you going to use? There are models of all sizes and types (table lamp, wall lamps, floor lamp, ceiling lamp, recessed, ceiling lamps …) with a single bulb or several. Depending on the size of the room, you will have to opt for different types of lamps.
- Choose the right light. You can find a wide variety of bulbs with different shades of light, consumption and heat that they emit. All this varies the effect they cause on the decoration and the environment. Depending on the type of bulb you choose, you can create different environments.